Clayton Hicks, founder of Tri State Business Network, interviews Cincinnati’s Rock ‘N’ Roll Realtor about how he serves his clients. As a Cincinnati Realtor with Group Realtors, his focus is his clients. He truly focuses on what he gives. He explains how he is a resource first, realtor second. TBN Unplugged is an online show that interviews the Tri State Business Network members about how they serve their clients or customers.
This week’s guest is Clayton Hicks from TBN. Clayton and I have an action packed show for you filled with networking tips. We almost got cut off at the end since my podcast account only allows for 30 minutes!
After the show, Clayton mentioned offline that he has his annual Expo coming up on March 22nd at 9am at the Sharonville Holiday Inn with vendors, workshops and a guest speaker from the Bengals. It’s totally free to attend, but you do need to register. Here’s a link to the registration page.
To listen to the replay, click on the widget on the left side of this page.
This is an interesting topic because from my perspective, I see them broken so often…
Here are 5 Simple Rules to implement into your plan when networking…
1. Follow-up: You may not believe this, but there are some that meet the right professionals, but seem to have amnesia soon as they leave the meeting or event. “The fortune is in the follow-up”!
2. Follow-through: When you suggest a connection or introduction to someone, follow-through…you wouldn’t believe how easy it is to forget to send that email introduction, but how truly impactful follow-through can be.
3. Communicate: I see this all the time, communication can be the breath and life of closing or not closing more business. When I say communication in this blog, I am talking about your 30 second or 1 minute presentation. Rambling is very dangerous, it can be the difference between an introduction to a great connection and walking out of the meeting with a bunch of cards and not having the ability to do anything with them.
4. Do your 1:1s: This is a great way to spend time with other professionals building a strong relationship to close more business…but it also can strangle your momentum very quickly. When you go on the 1:1 be sure to listen just as much as you talk. You wouldn’t believe how much better everyone’s experience will be.
5. Connect: When you saw that word, you probably thought “obviously” right? You wouldn’t believe how many professionals I see going to a meeting or event that doesn’t have a plan on how they will connect with others. When you go to a meeting or event plan to connect not just walk out of there with a piece of business. It would be really cool to walk out with a piece of business, stop thinking short term…think bigger…think Connect.
There are many more rules or tactics you can use to be successful in networking, but these rules are great way to start. Plan your work and work your plan…the results will speak for themselves.
Feel free to comment and add rules that may help the readers be more successful when networking. Also, feel free to visit our YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/TBNFounder for more useful tactics to receive Net-Results.
Have you been networking for a while now and can’t seem to figure out why you haven’t received any referrals yet? Do you feel a little lost or overwhelmed with the strategic networking model? Are you doing 1:1s, but feel like you are the one that is sharing all of the referrals?
It really may not be everyone else’s fault, it may be that you just don’t have your system of how to give and receive referrals down yet…it may be a number of things, but communication may also play a huge part.
The objective for this discussion is to have the readers to share their their evaluation system they use to find referral partners. If you are reading this please share “WHY” you intentionally refer to others on a consistent basis…
Is it that you “trust” them? I’m 100% that trust is involved, right? Who in their right mind refers business to someone they don’t trust?
Is it that you “know” them? I’m sure that you know who you are referring to, right? Have you ever referred business to someone that you trust, but don’t know and it turned our badly? It’s ok, please share it with us.
How do you seem to always be in the right “situation” to refer them? This is a great question…please tell us how you do it also…
What is your evaluation system you use? Please share with us, so that those who may be struggling can get out and use it. Let’s work together to help those that need it devise a system of how you determine who to work with on a consistent basis and why. This is a great way for others to learn to trust you to by giving to others first.
TBN specializes in providing the right tools and situations to grow your business using Strategic Networking. This is one of our business building exercises or “situations” that we use to create more results for our small businesses. The ‘tools’ are what you give them to use to create their own system. If you have never visited a meeting or haven’t been in a while, you will find that these business building exercises create the right situation for you to grow your business starting today! For more information, please feel free to contact us…
Clayton Hicks, founder of Tri State Business Network, interviews Joseph Okum with Heits Building Services about how his commercial cleaning service. Joseph describes in detail how his company operates in the Greater Dayton and Northern Cincinnati areas. TBN Unplugged interviews TBN Members about their business’ here in the Cincinnati area. Tri State Business Network is the Premier Networking group here in Cincinnati.
This video is provided by Clayton Hicks, founder of Tri State Business Network. In this video you will find out more about how TBN operates and what its benefits are. This show is called “TBN Unplugged”.
Clayton Hicks, founder of Tri State Business Network, interviews Marla Donaldson with West Chester Conference Center about how their company helps small businesses put on events as well as helps new brides with their receptions. TBN Unplugged interviews the members of Tri State Business Network about how they serve their clients and customers.
Carlos Scarpero AKA "Mr. Leads" is an internet marketing consultant. who provides internet marketing, SEO, LinkedIn training and much more to business owners throughout the Dayton metro region. He can be reached at www.Mr-Leads.com.
Mr. Leads LinkedIn Bootcamp is your step by step guide to everything you ever wanted to know about LinkedIn. Over 4 hours of video based training.